Effectively Onboarding Your New Hires
We know that onboarding is an important step during the hiring process—and something that requires a lot of planning and strategy. So how do we onboard individuals based on the size of the organization, the type of the organization, and the type of position that we are looking to fill? Here to answer this question and help us discuss this topic in depth is Nicole Markos, an organizational change agent with 20 years of repeated success building and developing training solutions for corporate performance optimization.
Listen in as Nicole shares the optimal length for your onboarding process, as well as how to properly plan for your new hire to be integrated into your company. You’ll learn how to effectively match your onboarding process with the industry that you’re in, the importance of considering the idea that everyone learns differently, and more. If you want to create a better outcome for your workplace and set your employees up for success, this is the episode for you.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The differences and similarities between being a police officer and being an HR professional. (1:07)
- How long the onboarding process should go. (2:45)
- How to ensure your onboarding process matches the industry that you’re in. (4:40)
- The importance of recognizing that everybody learns differently. (8:20)
- How to onboard different levels of employees. (9:38)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Be as creative as possible when you are creating an onboarding program. (12:36)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Create a relationship with your new hires—that initial relationship you create upfront will help them remain loyal to you. (13:16)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Everybody learns differently.” – Nicole Markos Click To Tweet “In my opinion, I think it takes roughly three months to effectively onboard someone.” – Nicole Markos Click To Tweet “It’s beneficial if the owner of the business meets the new employee.” – Nicole Markos Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Nicole Markos: LinkedIn
- Traci Scherck: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Predictive Index
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Nicole Markos’ upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: