Starting Your Employees Off on the Right Foot
Many of us have experienced the thrill of being part of an amazing team, but unfortunately, we have also likely experienced a less-than-positive onboarding process. To help us continue our conversation about onboarding today is Kristen Robertson from The Predictive Index. In this episode, we discuss what pre-boarding is and how to set your new hire up for success before their first day of work.
Listen in as Kristen shares her worst onboarding experiences, as well as what she learned from them. You will learn about the positive impact a great onboarding process can have on staff retention, the importance of having your new hires feel welcome, and why treating others how they want to be treated is key. If you want to start your new hires off on the right foot, this is the episode for you.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What onboarding is and why it’s so important. (1:35)
- How to set your employee up for success on their first day. (4:25)
- How having a good onboarding process can impact retention. (9:07)
- The difference between an onboarding buddy and a mentor. (12:53)
- How to be intentional behind what you’re doing. (18:35)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Think about what’s important for new people to know when they come into your company. (19:46)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Put intention behind whatever you’re doing to bring people onboard—and be a part of the process. (18:32)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Kristen Robertson: LinkedIn
- Traci Scherck: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Predictive Index
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Kristen Robertson’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: