How can you climb the ladder within your organization, and what exactly does it take to work your way into the dream position that you want? So often our team members are left wondering which direction they are heading within our business, and this generally comes down to a lack of communication. In this episode, I will be sharing how to create a talent strategy so that your employees have a pathway to follow on their journey to success.
Listen in as I explain the importance of getting crystal clear on the expectations of your company, as well as why we must be thinking ahead in terms of where we want our organization (and our teams) to be headed. You will learn how to help your team progress in their positions, which traits you should be looking at when hiring for a role and the importance of having a long-term plan for your company.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to create a pathway into leadership positions versus expert positions. (2:35)
- How to help your team members grow in their positions. (4:45)
- The importance of thinking ahead in your company. (6:45)
- Which traits we need to be looking at when hiring. (9:30)
- Why having open communication with your team is key. (12:38)
- How to use data and which data is most important. (16:37)
- The seven steps to focus on when creating talent pathways. (20:19)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Have a system in place and be sure to track what individuals want and need. (21:45)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Plan out how individuals will flow through your company from entry-level to CEO positions. (21:18)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“How we communicate and ensuring that we are crystal clear on the expectations that we want at the end are going to allow us to really get there and to be able to see how all of the points fit together.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “Some of us are not great managers and we are not great leaders of people.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “We really need to think ahead to what will that job look like in the future so that we can upskill our staff as we continue to evolve.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- EP 16: Creating Incredible Leaders with Joy Duce
- EP 18: How to Effectively Communicate with Your Team
- State of Talent Optimization Report | The Predictive Index
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: