Have you ever been left wondering about your path through an organization? Hopefully, this episode will make certain your employees never feel that way. Today we are speaking with Derrick Carter, Hendricks CareerTek Director, about how you can create meaningful talent pathways within your organization and ensure your staff actually recognize that they exist.
Listen in as Derrick explains how you can recruit great talent, as well as why recruitment needs to be an ongoing process, not a split-second decision. You’ll learn the importance of setting expectations with your staff from the beginning and how to portray the culture of your company so your staff (and potential hires) can understand how they may fit into that workspace.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Derrick’s mentors throughout his career. (3:39)
- How to recruit staff and ensure there is a pathway they can see. (6:05)
- The importance of having mentors and/or expectations within your organization for the new hires. (10:09)
- Why allowing students or staff to explore their options is key. (16:24)
- The difference between training and developing. (17:45)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Ensure that communication is consistent and executed properly for staff. (24:20)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Understand that you are the key to making this successful. (22:20)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I think it is important that HR leaders see that recruiting is an ongoing process.” - Derrick Carter Click To Tweet “Culture is extremely important for a company.” - Derrick Carter Click To Tweet “Explore as many things as you would like.” - Derrick Carter Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Hendricks CareerTek
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Derrick’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: