Have you ever had a leader in your organization who was doing such an amazing job at inspiring your team members that you wished you could clone them? That is exactly what we will be talking about today with our special guest Joy Duce, a business executive with 20 years of experience helping organizations enable their strategic business objectives through talent management. In this episode, Joy will be sharing what truly defines great leadership and why it is what you do behind closed doors that really counts.
Listen in as she explains the importance of creating an environment where it is safe and acceptable to make a mistake. You will learn how to support members of your team in developing important leadership skills, how to keep your members actively engaged in their development, and why you must provide feedback—whether it’s positive or negative.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Some of the key things Joy sees great leaders do. (2:02)
- How to support individuals in developing great leadership skills. (3:25)
- How to support team members even when they make mistakes. (6:05)
- The biggest mistakes made in leadership decisions. (9:15)
- The importance of communication. (13:05)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Communicate with your team and be open to re-evaluating your decisions later on. Situations may change. (15:15)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- You must have a plan in place that continues to evolve for succession. (17:09)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Great leaders, at the core of it, they really walk the talk… They’re truly the people that individuals want to follow.” - Joy Duce Click To Tweet “It’s generally the things that you’re doing when no one is watching that really exemplify true leadership.” - Joy Duce Click To Tweet “Individuals in the absence of feedback are going to have the impression and assumption that what they’re doing is correct.” - Joy Duce Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Joy Duce: LinkedIn
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Joy Duce’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: