Do you love a good invitation? One that solves a specific problem that you have by speaking directly to what you need and want. Me too! Yet, I am counting on that invitation fulfilling the promise that it makes.
I hear from my colleagues and have experienced myself the woes of recruitment. The complaints that there are not enough qualified workers out there.
They are out there. We just are not inviting them into our organizations in a way that solves their problem.
You see, recruitment does not follow the invitation promise. Let’s create an amazing invitation and personally use it to bring the next generation of employees into your organizations.
Recruitment as a general rule places ads blindly to an online group by stating what the employer needs. This is typically skill sets.
Yet, we hire people for what they know and then we are surprised when the relationship does not work out because of who they are.
Today we are going to create an Ideal Employee Profile and find out the exact problems that our future employees have AND solve it for them. Let’s get started. (Yes, we are taking immediate action to get the results that we want! Open a new document and copy and paste the questions below.)
Ideal Employee Profile
(Think about who you want and need working for you. Or, think about your rock star employee in this specific role.)
- Where do they shop? (Include both online and physical stores)
- What and where do they eat?
- Where do they live?
- What social media platforms are they on?
- What do they do in their free time?
- What music do they listen to?
- Where do they work OR what are they doing now? (Hint: Think outside of your industry. Retail, hospitality, veterans, retired mechanics, etc.)
- Do they have a best friend at work?
When you think about what you need in a manufacturing environment the following may come to mind. Teamwork, communication, attention to detail, willingness to learn, ability to follow direction and think outside the box when needed, the ability to speak up when they see something wrong. Now, put yourself into the shoes of your ideal employee for the specific position that you are hiring for. (This is GOLD! You are finding out the exact pain points to speak to your next employee and creating an employment offer they cannot refuse.)
- What keeps you up at night?
- What stresses you out on a regular basis?
- What do you hate about your current job?
- What relationship do you want with your co-workers that would inspire you and you them to do your best work?
- What would the relationship need to be with your manager to support you in performing your best work?
- What is your biggest fear right now?
- What do you wish your employer understood about you?
- If you could create the perfect work environment for you that also produced amazing results, what would it be?
Congratulations, you now know exactly who you need to be speaking to, where they work, what they dislike about their current roles and what they need to come join your company.
1) Create an amazing offer from this.
2) Look in the mirror to see if you can keep your promises to them once you hire them.
3) More on this next month or contact me now and we can get started right away.
Need more HR management support on attracting great employees? Contact us today to speak with a certified HR consultant.