Pre-boarding is what happens between when the offer is made and when the individual starts.
We want to ensure that the applicant journey into the employee journey is something that they imagined and hoped for…that’s when Preboarding becomes impactful.
We want to connect during this Preboarding process, that the individual feels ‘belong’ and brought in as they feel part of the organization.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- Creating an impactful Candidate Journey with a meaningful pre-boarding (1:33)
- Process + Personalization = Success. This is where HR SHINES! (5:45)
- Creating the connection and easing the butterflies before day 1. Team/ Manager Pre-boarding Tasks (9:19)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives
- Connect when you can. Even if this is a video. Request as part of the process that HR sends you the video and short bio of each new person that comes into the org so that you can know them personally. (10:12)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals
- Process is key to ensuring that the experience is great from the applicant, the team and you. Create your process and then find the little ways to personalize and impact. (11:02)
Ideas Worth SharingEP 132: Pre-boarding: Creating a Team Before Day 1 Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode
- Pre-Boarding Course
- Episode 11: Starting Your Employees Off On the Right Foot
- Blog: Onboarding that Impacts Retention
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: