How do we inspire and coach people to perform? And how do we also inspire ourselves as we align with the mission, vision and values of our organization, and really use that as a litmus test?
If we’re going to inspire people to perform, we need to be on the same page as to what the expectations are. The next point that we really had around inspiring our people to perform with those is looking at, what are our goals and checking in to ensure that we stay aligned and creating that long-term plan for both the organization and the employee within the talent pathway plans.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- How to formalize your company’s mission, vision and values. (3:20)
- Results of constant employee conversation (6:53)
- Know what winning looks like. (9:05)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives
- Find time to get to know your employees. Ask them for their feedback and be ready and be prepared to take in that feedback, because it may be eye opening. Thank them for providing you an open and honest feedback, because it’s so important that employees speak up if they have any questions or concerns. (22:52)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals
- Anna’s takeway for HR is “hang in there”, because it’s It becomes much harder to retain good employees for various reasons. HR professionals need to get more creative.But at the end of the day, it has to be a win-win situation again for both parties to make sure that employees feel satisfied and fulfilled in the job, but also the company remains profitable and offers great customer service to its clients. (24:21)
Ideas Worth SharingEP 133: Coaching for Performance Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: