What we’re specifically digging into within this specific conference is, how do we hire in a way that allows us to bring in the best quality candidates? And how do we ensure that we keep them over the long term.
Understand the Job Role: Every job has a need. Yet, not every leader in the organization is on the same page for what the job is and what winning looks like in that job. When we understand what it takes to win and how we need this person to show up in the job, on the team and in the organization, we can attract the right person to the role.
Hiring the Whole Person: Have you ever hired someone and 30, 60, 90 days later you are wondering what happened to the person in the interview? We can increase the predictability of success by 58% when we match a person’s natural behaviors and cognitive abilities to the role. In today’s market, we need to hire the whole person! When you understand what makes a person tick, how to motivate them, lead them and where they can contribute on a team, you will increase the number of great hires and productivity in the organization.
Offering a Career: Now that you know what makes your ideal candidate tick and the job you will offer. Give them something more, a career! We know that the average time in a position at an organization is under 5 years. Your competitors are offering jobs, you can offer them a talent pathway to a career. By understanding their natural behaviors and where they want to go, you can lay out a career pathway for them with the steps to get to where they want to go and where you can pipeline future hiring needs.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- What are the natural behaviors that a job needs using The Predictive Index. Aligning your leadership team on the purpose of the job. Defining what winning looks like in the job.
- Understand what makes a person tick and hire based on the Head, natural behavioral traits and cognitive ability as aligned to the job utilizing the Predictive Index. Heart – Personal values as aligned to the organizational values. Briefcase – The knowledge, skills, ability and experience needed for the role.
- Identify natural career pathways inside your organization. Utilize the Predictive Index and your conversation to identify a possible career pathway. Reframe the job offer into a career offer.
Actionable Takeaway for Executives
- Prioritize the process to get better results.
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals
- Offer a career vs. just a job.
Ideas Worth Sharing“When we spend the time setting up the structure and the foundation or people strategies and truly instilling in the people and building out those pipelines, what ends up happening is we rise and grow every individual in our organization. – Traci… Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: