How to Hire the Right People For Your Organization
Hiring is one of the most important pieces of your organization’s success. By hiring the right person, your business will move in a positive direction and you will pave the way for future growth. So how do we optimize the talent in our organization at the very beginning? Today we will be discussing how to hire successfully, as well as how to prepare internally for success in this area.
Listen in as I explain how to attract the right people to your company and why you should be keeping an eye on employee referrals. You will learn how to plan for hiring by ensuring your managers know what they’re looking for, the importance of looking at the whole person (not just what is on their resume), and more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why hiring well is a must. (00:55)
- How to create internal talent pathways. (2:32)
- How to improve your employee referrals. (4:15)
- How to plan correctly for hiring. (6:17)
- The importance of teamwork when hiring for a role. (11:06)
- Why you need to lead by example with your executive team. (14:08)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Have a standard operating procedure in place. (15:55)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Ensure that you have insight into the hiring process and that you lead by example with your executive team. (14:08)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“Hiring is one of those key things that organizations must do well.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet
“Planning is absolutely key for making sure that we’re bringing the best folks in for our organization.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet
“When we attract individuals to us that like, know, and trust us, we’re probably going to get a better hire.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Traci Scherck: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Predictive Index
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: