A lot goes into hiring the right person for your organization, and in order to build a great and inclusive culture, you must ensure every individual meets your company’s needs. Jeff Dollar is the co-founder and Head of Technical & Executive Search for Blue Lake Consulting. Jeff has integrated Predictive Index into his hiring and executive search over his 13 years in that specific area, and in this episode, he will be sharing how he implemented this framework so successfully.
Listen in as he explains how to match the culture of an organization with the right individual, as well as the importance of communicating what it is you are looking for in an individual upfront. You will learn how to manage leadership misalignment, how to tactfully ask uncomfortable questions in the interview process, and more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What Talent Optimization means to Jeff. (1:30)
- How he implemented the framework while bringing in new hires. (3:05)
- What it takes to successfully match the culture of an organization with an individual. (5:50)
- How to manage leadership misalignment on what a role actually entails. (10:46)
- The importance of hiring on the basis of data. (16:00)
- Why you must ask uncomfortable questions in the interview process. (18:05)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Put your cards on the table—make sure everyone has all the information about candidates. (21:33)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Don’t hire based on emotion or gut reactions—hire based on data. (16:01)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“It’s really critical that you have buy-in and consensus from multiple stakeholders because nothing causes a search to come undone quicker than having too many opinions involved in a process.” - Jeff Dollar Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jeff Dollar: Website | LinkedIn
- Traci Scherck: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Predictive Index
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Jeff Dollar’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: