How can I design a really great people experience?
It’s the mind shift that makes the difference. That people first experience doesn’t have to be anything, fancy, it can be as simple as listening to your people. But you have to influence yourself first. So, there’s a real mindset shift that’s required.
Are you looking at your job, getting up and thinking like I’ve got this mountain of paperwork I have to do? Or are you getting up and thinking, to create the systems and processes for my people. How can I design a really great people experience? I’m really going to think about our people and how their lives are impacted by the work that we do.
It’s shifting from what do I have to do versus what do I want to do that’s going to create an impact? Like we believe, every individual has a right and a choice to be fulfilled in their work. As leaders we have an obligation to create the container for that, so they can step into it if they want, and still need the business outcomes at the same time.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode
- What does ‘Paper first to People first” look like? (4:31)
- Insights on owning transformation to step into becoming that transformational HR leader. (14:12)
- There’s nothing more important than getting that pulse on what people want, and that extends beyond HR, that extends to our head of purchasing our head, of marketing, our CEO or our President.(16:28)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives
- One of the things that we miss the most is that opportunity, even in small companies to have your employees have a voice. To really have them involved in all that you do. If you’re designing processes and systems, keep those lines of communication open design things with people instead of for people. (17:29)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals
- Build that community, if you lean into your community, and if you have a conversation with somebody in your community at the very least you might make a friend, and at the most you might find some inspiration that will really help you in the next steps in your career. (19:01)
Ideas Worth Sharing“If you are chosen to be in a role but you don't want to be there, get out. Not tomorrow, not the next day, but make a step to get out because it's not helping you. You're not going to be happy, and it's definitely not helping your people. Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode
- INSPIRE Course – Goal Setting
- Tracie Sponenberg LinkedIn Profile
- The Granite Group LinkedIn Page
- The Granite Group Website
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: