What does talent development truly mean for the managers inside of our organizations? And who has the power to change the direction and success of our business? Here to help us answer these questions is Dr. Mandolen Mull, an Organizational Development and Leadership scholar currently working at Rockford University. In this episode, she will be sharing how you can train individuals to become great leaders in day-to-day life.
Listen in as Mandolen shares the importance of self-awareness and how to become better at leading ourselves. You will learn the benefit of being agile rather than adaptable, what narrative leadership is, and why it is essential to understand what is valuable to your employees.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to train individuals and create great leaders in day-to-day life. (1:17)
- The importance of self-awareness. (6:27)
- How to create a more agile team. (9:00)
- What narrative leadership is. (11:10)
- Why understanding what your team values is key. (16:00)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Learn to speak in the currency of the people you are trying to communicate with. (23:57)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Recognize your biggest issues and address them head-on. (21:40)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“The work that we do today is going to have lasting impacts.” - @ProfMull Click To Tweet “I don’t think we can really ever start to lead someone until we can lead ourselves.” - @ProfMull Click To Tweet “I think adapting is being too reactive. I think we should agile.” - @ProfMull Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mandolen Mull: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Dr. Mandolen
- Rockford University
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Mandolen’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: