As we look at our organizations from the executive level, it’s important to evaluate whether people are in the right seat or the right role. Specifically, it is important to be looking at your talent and whether they are in the right position for where the company is going to go. To help us break down this topic today is Amy Stalker, Sr. Director of People Operations for GPN. In this episode, she will be sharing her thoughts on how to efficiently and appropriately move talent throughout your organization.
Listen in as Amy explains the importance of celebrating people’s strengths and ensuring they are in roles that highlight those strengths. You will learn how to create a talent pool and how to keep your team motivated to work hard within your business. Amy also gives amazing advice for implementing the service delivery model within your business and helping your team grow to their fullest potential.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Amy’s thoughts on how to move talent throughout an organization. (1:22)
- How to create a talent pool that you can later pull from. (2:45)
- How to implement a service delivery model into your business. (5:14)
- How to keep your team motivated. (8:24)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Look at people who are not necessarily like you. (13:52)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Don’t be afraid to push the service delivery model. (13:15)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Everybody has strengths and weaknesses—nobody should be ashamed of their weaknesses.” - Amy Stalker Click To Tweet “I think in HR, a lot of times we don’t always put the business first, and that’s what we need to do.” - Amy Stalker Click To Tweet “If you know the people, you know what they're good at.” - Amy Stalker Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Amy Stalker: LinkedIn
- EP 10: Understanding Your Why with Nicole Smithback
- EP 11: Starting Your Employees Off on the Right Foot with Kristen Robertson
- EP 12: Effectively Onboarding Your New Hires with Nicole Markos
- EP 13: The Importance of Orientation with Tess Heissner
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Amy’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: