It’s important to have good management, so in this episode we’ll be talking about our managers and how they lead by being authentic. Christy Metcalf has been a leader in training and development for various organizations for over 20 years. She has recently been working one-on-one with business owners on how to lead their teams and grow them to profitability.
You will get the chance to hear how to create an environment where people are motivated, inspired and able to succeed. Christy discusses why it’s so important to use different communication styles for different people and stresses how important it is to make people feel comfortable to come to you with questions and issues.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What it means to communicate authentically. (1:32)
- The importance of clarity without micromanaging. (3:13)
- The difference between a manager and a leader. (8:05)
- Where talent pathways and growth plans come in to play. (12:35)
- Why managers don’t need to know it all. (15:35)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Working with management and teams to create a runway for success. (19:18)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Why you need to get in-touch with your people. (18:01)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“So much of what we do in business is wrapped up in communication – How we tell people what to do, the meaning behind telling them what to do – and I think as a leader, we bring our own story to the table.” - Christy Metcalf Click To Tweet “You may communicate something to me but in my mind I process it, I have a picture, and I go do that. And I may have the right or the wrong thing in mind.” - Christy Metcalf Click To Tweet “People are inundated and overwhelmed by information all day long and what you told them may not resonate in that moment, they may be thinking of something else – we have to make it easier for them to do their job.” - Christy Metcalf Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Christy Metcalf: LinkedIn
- Closing the Execution Gap – Ron Dimon
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Christy’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: