Mark Vincent is the founder of Design Group International, which includes a growing community of consultants who serve a variety of organizations to help leaders elevate to their highest possible level. He is also the founder of the Society of Process Consulting, offering education, credentialing, and a framework of professional ethics for process consultants.
In this episode, we discuss the importance of leadership development to the growth of organizations, as well as why personal and professional development is key not only for business growth, but also for talent retention. Mark also shares his views on why developing talent is the ethical path forward—even if that talent doesn’t stick with the organization for the long haul.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What led Mark to the work he does today. (1:50)
- How personal and professional development affects talent retention. (5:35)
- The three turns of a leader. (10:10)
- How ethics ties into leadership development. (15:35)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Go back to where you started and get back to the basics. (19:55)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Know your people and budget your time. (22:15)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“There is an intersection between the capacity of the leader and the organizational capacity.” - Mark Vincent Click To Tweet “We have to make that time to work on our business versus in it.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “There is a larger harvest to reap than slamming people into a closet, locking the door, and keeping it so that they can’t develop while we develop a few others. Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mark Vincent: Website | Podcast
- Society for Process Consulting
- The Three Turns of an Executive Leader
- EP 01: Welcome to Talent Optimization!
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Mark Vincent’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: