Matt Poepsel is known as “The Godfather of Talent Optimization.” Vice President of Partner Growth for The Predictive Index, Matt has a very interesting background in becoming a people leader in organizations, which led him to creating the framework of “talent optimization.” Today he joins the show to explain what talent optimization is and how to implement this strategy into your business.
Listen in as Matt shares why business success is a team sport, not to be placed on any individual alone. You will learn how to make educated hires for your company, how to avoid friction within your organization, and the importance of celebrating the differences among your team members.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What Talent Optimization actually is. (1:22)
- The ‘people plans’ to put in place when considering hiring. (4:20)
- What people tax is and how to avoid it. (7:10)
- Why diversity is needed on our teams. (11:00)
- How to implement this framework to get the results you want. (15:30)
- The importance of putting well-thought-out people plans in place. (18:05)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Demonstrate a business interest—get a hiring manager’s attention by asking questions about how candidates are going to move the business forward. (20:02)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Look at the Talent Optimization framework as a leadership framework, not the domain of HR. (22:03)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“If you’re going to have different people working together… then you really have to not only understand and appreciate differences—I say you also have to celebrate those differences amongst those team members.” - @mattpoepsel Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Poepsel: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Traci Scherck: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Predictive Index
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Matt Poepsel’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: