When we create self-managing teams, there are generally three key points to consider: purpose, process, and people. But how do we implement this into our organization to ensure the success of our team? Our guest today will be helping to break down the answer to this question and more. Assad Mirza, president of Infinity Operational Excellence, is a business transformation expert, and he will be giving us his tips for creating a productive, self-managing team.
Listen in as Assad shares the importance of having clarity in your business goals and aligning your company’s “why” with your team’s “why.” You will learn the number one thing businesses struggle with, how to find your purpose, and how to locate the spark within your business. Remember: the growth and success of your business is a long-term game!
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why being clear on what your goals are is key. (1:50)
- How to gain clarity around your business’s mission. (4:09)
- How to find your company’s spark. (6:10)
- The importance of thinking of your business as an infinite game. (10:45)
- The reality of overstaffing. (14:22)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Set jobs up for success by “knowing the core, protecting the core” in job descriptions and performance management. (19:00)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Know the core, protect the core. (17:16)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“People are always at the top of the list.” - Assad Mirza Click To Tweet “It all starts with the vision. Then you get to the mission.” - Assad Mirza Click To Tweet “It’s not about how fast you do something or if you do a good job. It’s about why did you do it, and how did it create value for the organization, for the team?” - Assad Mirza Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Assad Mirza: LinkedIn
- Infinity Opex
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Assad’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: