The most important part of any type of relationship, but especially work relationships, is the ability to communicate. Amy Stalker is an HR professional and head of Total Rewards who has incredible insight into the best strategies for successful communication and relationship building between all levels of an organization.
You will get some valuable tips on how to communicate effectively and what it takes to truly communicate well with people so they actually understand you. Amy also shares ideas for how executives can communicate better with other levels of the company and discusses why it’s so important to be transparent and allow people to feel valued and able to be open about their questions and issues.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What communication really means in terms of the work place. (0:58)
- How to communicate well and have a personal touch. (2:03)
- Tips on communicating clearly, using follow up questions and knowing your audience. (5:09)
- Why it matters less about what you’re communicating and more what people understand. (7:11)
- How to avoid assumption and how to put yourself in the shoes of the listener. (9:42)
- How to set boundaries and empower yourself and others to say no. (13:25)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Be self-aware of how you’re presenting yourself. (17:50)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Be transparent and trust that employees know what they’re doing. (17:12)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“When you have miscommunication, it could mean a whole ton of things go wrong. When you have great communication, it means a whole ton of things go right.” - Amy Stalker Click To Tweet “You really have to understand what are your vehicles you use to communicate and who you are communicating to.” - Amy Stalker Click To Tweet “If we don’t define what those outcomes are and how we measure it, we’re not going to get things done efficiently.” - Amy Stalker Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Amy Stalker: LinkedIn
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to Amy’s upcoming webinar, as well as additional tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
- State of Talent Optimization Report | The Predictive Index
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: