Most of us can agree that poor communication or a lack of teamwork among team members is the main cause of many workplace failures. If your team is unaligned with the brand strategy and unable to communicate what the goal of the organization is, that will add more confusion and inadequacy in the company. So, how can you effectively communicate with your team so that everyone is on board and you can achieve your desired results? In this episode, I will be sharing my tips for leading your team to success.
Listen in as I describe what a business strategy actually is and why it is so important to have a plan in place in order to achieve your results. You will learn how to align your company’s missions and goals to your strategy, how to measure your output versus outcome, and how to become more efficient in your communication. Get clear on what you are trying to accomplish, communicate this with your team, and your organization will reap the benefits.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to effectively communicate with your team to drive results. (1:00)
- What a business strategy is. (3:03)
- How to communicate your goals. (4:37)
- How to properly plan so your team is aware of what needs to be done. (8:50)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Know what the business objectives of your leadership team are. (11:12)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Align your business strategy with your people strategy to get your business results. (11:48)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Less than 80% of CEOs believe in their employees' ability to communicate the business strategy to others. Essentially, executing your organizational strategy can feel like a game of telephone.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “When we can align our people directly with that strategy and make sure that we have the right people in place to execute that strategy with clear communication around what that is… Guess what? This all becomes easy.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “If we don’t define what those outcomes are and how we measure it, we’re not going to get things done efficiently.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
- State of Talent Optimization Report | The Predictive Index
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: