Inspiring You to be a Better Leader
Today I want to inspire you to be creative about how you lead your team, including those new members of your leadership team. It can become overwhelming when you are trying to check off every single box by yourself, but what you may not realize is that things will run much smoother if you work with your team. So in this episode, I will be discussing how to pay attention to the specific needs of your team while remaining authentic to yourself.
Listen in as I explain the importance of taking the time to “fill up your cup” so that you are showing up to work as your best self, while also ensuring your team is doing the same. You will learn the importance of communication (and how to do this effectively), how to motivate your team, and how to overcome mistakes or failures.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of working with your team. (1:18)
- How to ensure that we have what we need to be successful. (2:55)
- The difference between managing and leading. (5:47)
- Why effective communication is crucial. (6:58)
- How to overcome failures. (9:38)
- Why it’s always important to be respectful. (13:18)
Actionable Takeaway for HR Professionals:
- Make sure you have the curriculum for your new team member so they know what is expected. (17:18)
Actionable Takeaway for Executives:
- Ensure that you are clear on what your culture is. (18:15)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“What I didn’t realize is that there was actually an amazing way to integrate the people that I was leading and actually get things done better if I worked through people and with them.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “We cannot inspire others if our batteries are depleted.” - @TraciLScherck Click To Tweet “You need to start with yourself and make sure your cup is full. Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Join the Talent Optimization Foundation to get access to tools, previously recorded webinars, and how-to’s to help you authentically build the HR infrastructure of your business!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: